View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #894
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It's two straight offseasons where we can't sign our own guys.
It depends.

If we can't "sign our own guys" because we didn't want to overpay, I'm fine with that. I valued Quin at $3-4M he got paid $5.7M. You've got to draw the line somewhere & if the Texans drew their line at $4.5M.... so be it. If Quin started at $8M (with the franchise tag being $6.8M) They probably didn't see any point in making an official offer.

Mario... again, a non-starter. Briesel, probably should have been a $1-2M guy. Why pay him $3M or $4M?

Now cutting Winston, that's a different story. Maybe they paid him more money thinking he would step up as a leader or player & that just didn't happen. They realized they were in a position where they couldn't pay him what they "hoped" he would earn.

JjWatt & Cushing. I don't know where it is, but there has to be a line somewhere. If Jj Watt is looking for $60M guaranteed I hope the Texans say no. Someone will pay him that if he continues to play at this level, but I hope it's not the Texans. If Cushing wants to get into the $8-10M club, I hope the Texans say no.

But they better have some damn good coaching staffs in place churning out solid football players or we'll be in a position where we may not have a choice & have to overpay our own guys.