View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Salary Cap question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Right, I understand guaranteed v. not, but I've heard it boiled down to the Eagles and Lions didn't really stick their necks out, that the guaranteed amounts are reasonable and that the cap hit, I THINK I heard $2.5 mil for GQ the first year? How can that possibly be right? If it is right, then why aren't we structuring our deals like that and keeping them....?

I'll look up numbers when I get home, what I'm basing my question on is what I've heard in Houston media the last few days and not hard numbers.
Mario Williams' rookie contract was just like that & that was unheard of at that time. However, we were foolish enough to let him play it out.

I like Mario, I wish he was still here. But I do not agree with paying him $16M & $18M the final two years of his deal. It would have been shrewed to cut him, smart to trade him if he was unwilling (which I think he was & from his perspective, I totally understand) to restructure. But no one is worth that kind of money.

Well, I am but no one is willing to give it to me.