View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #5
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Salary Cap question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Right, I understand guaranteed v. not, but I've heard it boiled down to the Eagles and Lions didn't really stick their necks out, that the guaranteed amounts are reasonable and that the cap hit, I THINK I heard $2.5 mil for GQ the first year? How can that possibly be right? If it is right, then why aren't we structuring our deals like that and keeping them....?

I'll look up numbers when I get home, what I'm basing my question on is what I've heard in Houston media the last few days and not hard numbers.
So he gets 5 million up front, which is average over the contract. First year it's great, it's the 2014/2015 hit that they won't be able to take.

Quin Glover (5 years, $23.5 million; $5.25 million signing bonus)

2013 -- $1 million base ($2.05 million salary cap)
2014 -- $4 million ($5.05 million salary cap)
2015 -- $4 million ($5.05 million salary cap)
2016 -- $4 million; $750,000 roster bonus ($5.8 million salary cap)
2017 -- $4 million; $1 million roster bonus ($6.05 million salary cap)

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote