View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd player announcement

I'd rather have Pollard, but not by much.

Winston's upside is his run blocking...which let's face it, the circus on the right side of the line and the shenanigans at LG, too, would make Winston a good choice to calm down the right side of the line and maybe try a platoon of Newton/Brooks/Jones at LG and swing guard at RG if needed.

Pollard, though, he brings more of a 46 look to our defense whereby we go with heavy hitter in Pollard and let Manning and Reed play more coverage on WRs. Pollard matches up with those pesky TEs and slot receivers like Welker and Hernandez/Gronk who always abused our LBs last year. Pollard as a nickel DB would be right: He plays shallow and his job is to thump anything thrown within the first 10 yards of the LOS. He'd be nasty on a blitz, too.

My choice of Pollard is because I think Winston is into playing "poor me!" victim card, and this team is not ready to go back there with him. Pollard is just a worker. He wants to knock da piss out of people every play, and frankly that attitude needs to be there in our backfield so that Manning and Reed can ballhawk and make QBs pick a choice that doesn't really give the QB much hope. Especially since we face Andrew Luck twice a year now. Know what I mean? Gotta' think about what killed us the past two years: Inability to stop the pass in the divisional round each year.