View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #779
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think so. I think they are sick for having to let Quin go. They had high expectations for GQ when they drafted him & Wade recognized when he got here. GQ is going to be the kind of player we need & they know it.

But I think they also believe this team is better with Reed & Manning than it is with Quin (right now) & Manning. It would cost way too much to cut Manning right now, cost them nothing to let Quin go. It sucks & it's the product of some assumptions regarding the cap that turned out wrong for them, but if Dutch is right, we'll be right as rain soon & hopefully overpaying $4M/yr for Reed (if they get him for $6M) won't hurt that.
I disagree with you here. If the team wanted to re-sign him then they would have made every effort. Add in Andre's comments last night that he put the bug in the team's ear after he talked to Reed after the Super Bowl, then I truly believe the Texans felt like they could get better with Reed instead of Quin. They said all the right things about Quin, but chose to pursue ER when free agency started instead of GQ.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote