View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #777
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCountry View Post
I'm OK with that but they must draft his replacement so by the time his deal is up the replacement is ready to play at a high level
100% absolutely agree with your thoughts.

I think this means we can try for a future S in round 1 or 2, depending on how the picks go down leading up to our own picks. Or, try for one in next year's draft (which would be unwise, IMO). We'd need a future S...especially since Manning's contract will be up in two years from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think the Texans are known to be reasonable.
I mean, if AJ is good with the incentive clause, why shouldn't Reed?
Ed Reed marches to the beat of his drummer, or at least that's the book on him by someone who stated that in this thread. THAT could be a problem convincing a guy like that to take a contract laced with any type of non-guarantee. Ed might be wanting to play some more, but he won't settle for anything less than what he or his advisors say he's worth.

That's the risky part. IMO.