View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #772
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I don't think we should over pay for him...
It would be nice to see what the board thinks is overpaying. We may not have a hard number, because I think most of us don't have a good feel for what players are worth & the intricacies of the cap.

However, I think at this point in his career, he's worth an easy $2M, but I'd be willing to go as high as $6M (that would have been the cost to franchise GQ, & he signed for $5.7M). That's overpaying, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think they may have felt GQ was as good as he was going to get possibly.
I don't think so. I think they are sick for having to let Quin go. They had high expectations for GQ when they drafted him & Wade recognized when he got here. GQ is going to be the kind of player we need & they know it.

But I think they also believe this team is better with Reed & Manning than it is with Quin (right now) & Manning. It would cost way too much to cut Manning right now, cost them nothing to let Quin go. It sucks & it's the product of some assumptions regarding the cap that turned out wrong for them, but if Dutch is right, we'll be right as rain soon & hopefully overpaying $4M/yr for Reed (if they get him for $6M) won't hurt that.