View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #771
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'm going to say $6.5 million-per for two years with some form of escalator, likr maybe $500k, contingent upon us making the playoffs.

Has to be a meet in the middle salary (if he wanted $7 and we wanted $6, being speculative) with a bonus $500k-per-yr for us making the playoffs and him actively playing those two years' of playoffs.

That shows him respect but gives us a $500k "out" if this thing implodes. Incentives should be reasonable, but lofty...able to be achieved.

Thoughts?
I think the Texans are known to be reasonable.
I mean, if AJ is good with the incentive clause, why shouldn't Reed?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote