View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #769
TexansCountry
Rookie

Section: anywhere i can get tickets
Rep Power: 0 TexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'm going to say $6.5 million-per for two years with some form of escalator, likr maybe $500k, contingent upon us making the playoffs.

Has to be a meet in the middle salary (if he wanted $7 and we wanted $6, being speculative) with a bonus $500k-per-yr for us making the playoffs and him actively playing those two years' of playoffs.

That shows him respect but gives us a $500k "out" if this thing implodes. Incentives should be reasonable, but lofty...able to be achieved.

Thoughts?
I'm OK with that but they must draft his replacement so by the time his deal is up the replacement is ready to play at a high level