View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #760
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

An overpay isn't a big deal as long as the contract is short, or structured so that he can be cut with no cap penalty after 2 years. Watt, Cushing, and KJax are the future of this defense, so as long as Reed's contract doesn't get in the way of signing those players to extensions then I'm not overly worried about the specific dollar amount.

This could be a move that helps us get better in the short-term, while allowing us the financial flexibility to sign the guys of the future. I'm not completely convinced of Reed's abilities, but I'd like to see us get this done.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote