View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #706
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Okay people salary cap hell would be if the Texans were 20 or 30 mil over the cap with a bunch of mediocre players on the roster and no real way to bolster our roster not being 10-12 million under the cap with plenty of talent and still at the very least in the ball park of Super Bowl contention.

Here is another thing, we are a contender. Contenders don't normally get used by free agents to bolster a contract somewhere else. Contenders are destination locations for free agents. I can understand some of you guys freaking out about it because the Texans were used before by FA's but not since we became contenders.
Oh, I don't want Ed Reed here unless he signs a contract that all the rumors out there point to he wouldn't even wipe his bum with.

I think being 10-12 under with all the holes we have to fill that if we took a 4-6 mil (guessing) cap hit for Reed that would be a mistake short terms and a huge mistake long term.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote