View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #152
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If I were to change the GM & HC of the Bills & the Packers, which team do you think would be more successful sooner?

The Seahawks were a play-off team from 2003-2007, that's 5 years of winning. They were in the Super Bowl in 2005. We busted on David Carr in 2005, busted on our GM Caserly, & busted on our HC. You can't compare what Pete Caroll & Schneider has done since 2010 with what Kubiak & Smith has done since 2007.

Caroll & Schneider were brought in to bring the Seahawks back to a winning tradition, they didn't have to rebuild the organization from top to bottom.

What did Holmgren do in Cleveland? That's comparable.

I agree with you to some extent, that the Texans have swung & missed on a lot of opportunities. But this "baby steps" rant you've got going is misplaced. If the Oilers had never left, if Rick & Gary took over that organization, then you'd be on point. But this is totally new.

Is 10 years too long to build a successful organization in one of the most competitive professional leagues in the world? Maybe. Would it have taken 10 years had we started with Kubiak & Smith? Probably not & I say that because we've seen what they've done in the last 7, if they didn't have all that baggage left by Casserly & Capers, it's within reason to believe we'd have been successful sooner.

Right now, the only thing I'm concerned about, is if the success we've seen is sustainable (is it real) & if we have the right people in place to take it further.

I'm celebrating "baby steps" yeah... but it is what it is. I'll be happy if we get to the play offs again & lose in the divisional round. I want a Super Bowl, but a third play-off season would help me believe this is one of the better teams in the league, which is a long way from where this team was in 2007.

& yes, if we don't make the play offs in 2013, Gary or Rick should be fired. Maybe both, depending on who replaces Gary (if it's Gary that leaves).
Come on didnt the seahawks get into the play-offs with a 7-9 record 2 seasons ago ??? Would not say that is cause the organization did such a great job haha.