View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #690
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Ugggh, the wife mentioned Ahman Green this morning. Don't make me cringe.

I'm really starting to feel (glass half empty guy here):
(a) he's using us to get a homerun contract elsewhere
(b) we're going to sign him to a 4-5 year deal for over $5m/year

People are getting giddy over the name, but the same people seem to be forgetting we're in the midst of salary cap Hell.

I really hope IF we sign him to a big deal I am wrong and he goes out there and gives us 2-3 years of Pro Bowl play.
Okay people salary cap hell would be if the Texans were 20 or 30 mil over the cap with a bunch of mediocre players on the roster and no real way to bolster our roster not being 10-12 million under the cap with plenty of talent and still at the very least in the ball park of Super Bowl contention.

Here is another thing, we are a contender. Contenders don't normally get used by free agents to bolster a contract somewhere else. Contenders are destination locations for free agents. I can understand some of you guys freaking out about it because the Texans were used before by FA's but not since we became contenders.

Last edited by bigbrewster2000; 03-15-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Spelling error
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote