View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #682
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Ugggh, the wife mentioned Ahman Green this morning. Don't make me cringe.

I'm really starting to feel (glass half empty guy here):
(a) he's using us to get a homerun contract elsewhere
(b) we're going to sign him to a 4-5 year deal for over $5m/year

People are getting giddy over the name, but the same people seem to be forgetting we're in the midst of salary cap Hell.

I really hope IF we sign him to a big deal I am wrong and he goes out there and gives us 2-3 years of Pro Bowl play.
If you splice together the Ahman Green situation with the Orlando Pace situation...that's kind of the feel I get to this whole thing myself. Even if we sign him we will overpay the guy to the point where we will be in a bind soon with Cushing and KJ coming up next season and Watt shortly after that. I think on the radio I heard that Schaub, AJ, Foster and Daniels will take up 40% of the cap next season. This from a "low cost offensive philosophy".

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote