View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013   #160
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
Since only $8M is guaranteed, isn't that more like a 1.33m/yr player? I thought only the guaranteed number matters
It all depends on how long he actually plays on that contract. If $8M is guaranteed over the first 2 years & he's cut prior to the third, he made $4M/yr.

If it's $8M guaranteed over the first two years, with $8M in compensation in that third year, and he plays that third year, then he made $5.3M/yr over those three years.

If it's $8M guaranteed over the first two years & he signs an extension that third year, say $24M guaranteed over the next three years, if it were me I would think I got paid $4M/yr for the first two years & I'm looking at $8M/yr over the next three years.

One more. Let's say it's $8M guaranteed over the first two years, but only guaranteed for injury. If that includes a $6M roster bonus & the stipulation is that he has to be on the roster at the start of the 2014 season, but the Eagles cut him before then, then he only got paid $2M for 2013.