View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #147
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Depends if we add OLB in free agent or ILB in free agency or early in the draft. Either way, I bet we seem him in both places in preseason and regular season in certain packages.
This is kinda what I'm thinking too. My guess is, if they sign Ed Reed, they probably won't have much $$$ left over to get a FA ILB or OLB, so that leaves the Draft. I think they will try to draft both ILB and OLB within the first 3 rounds with the priority being on ILB. If they can draft, say, Minter in the 1st or maybe even 2nd round, then I think Brooks Reed will play less at ILB and more at his OLB position. If Minter is gone, and they have to draft a ILB later, who may not be as good, then Brooks might play more at ILB. Of course this is predicated on how they view Sharpton and what they expect from him, if anything. If Sharpton plays a lot this season, by some miracle, they may never use B.Reed as ILB.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote