View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #144
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it's a little more fluid than that. More, "If this happens, then we'll do that." kind of thing.

I remember an interview with Vance Joseph before the combine & he said we'd like to keep all our players, but his role in the FA/Draft period is to find replacements for them.
Yeah, Wade Phillips said today that Barwin is a great person, player, leader, solver of world poverty and inventor of the cure for AIDS...but really, that's just coach speak for "There's no way we'd pay THAT guy what other teams want to, not for what he produced for us in 2012."

Know what I mean? Sometimes you have to understand that so much of what these coaches say is just coach-speak...it's being courteous. What else is Vance Joseph going to say, "You know what, these guys better produce or we cut their ass ASAP. Gone. Buh-bye. No scrubs. Know what I mean, Jack?" Of course not.

We kicked Winston to the curb like he was infected with Bieber fever, no warning...no goodbye....just released in a snap. We've heard zero about Quin, zero about Casey, and a couple of nuggets of syrup from Wade about Barwin today. What does that tell you? That when you leave us, you're NOT us. Not anymore. Business code of ethics for the Texans has become to say nothing of the ones you let walk and say nothing but high praise of who you want to sign. Focus is upon the NOW. And I sort of like it that way. Move on, go on, and leave the past players in the past and let them go be with their new team so we can talk about our new guys coming in. I think that's good strategy.