View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #169
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I mentioned him before, and then I became even more impressed at the combine.

Look at his 20SS and 3-cone time.
He does have the tools necessary to create seperation.
It's just a matter of having more reps.
Once he learns how to get in and out of break, he'll be a force.
Right now he's inconsistent in several aspects of the game, including playing up to his physique.

Huge upside; definitely worth a late round pick.
I think he might even go higher than the sixth, maybe even the fourth.

He can do pretty much everything, just lack the consistency.

If he works real hard at it, his ceiling is very high, IMO.
Alot of what I read on CBS and BL evaluations, it sounds like Rodney Smith's route running issues and lack of discipline simply sound like maturity issues and those are usually fixed pretty quick when he leaves his comfort zone at FSU and steps into the real world of the NFL with veteran pros around him. Blocking and separation issues are things that can be taught. I'm thinking he'd be worth one of our comp. 6th rounders and we let him develop while on IR for an aggravated hang nail. Most everything is coachable and learnable, those measurables aren't. Low risk in the comp. 6th and possibly a very high reward in a year or 2.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote