View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #410
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Hear that 'swooshing' sound? Thats my point flying past your head- in fairness, I should have written "ALOT of Texans fans saw Pollard as cancer but not all" to eliminae yourself from the discussion?
A lot? I can't find one on this board after a search. I found one that said he was a cancer in KC, but that was it aside from this thread. This board has posts that go back many years, so it's safe to assume someone around here would be using that term with his name if he was seen that way. Maybe he was in KC or Baltimore, but certainly not in Houston.

Quote:
After his release, league 'sources' asked the question, "Released in KC, then Houston and now Balitmore? Whats that tell you?"
It tells me they didn't do their homework, because his contract expired in Houston.

Quote:
Now, what you are missing from the article and te point I ahve been trying to make all afternoon, is that John Harbaugh wasbehind the release of Pollard and behind letting Ed test Free Agency. He doesn't want anyone challenging him in his lockerroom. Pollard and Reed led the 'mutiny' last October; need aline be drawn any clearer for you?
Oh no! Players challenged Harbaugh's decision? That's what you think a cancer is? We obviously have very different ideas of what cancers are in regard to the NFL. Most notably, guys that are extremely selfish, egomaniacs, lazy, constant distractions and couldn't care less about the team are what I consider cancers. Guys like Albert Haynesworth, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Randy Moss, etc are notoriously said to be cancers. Now they weren't that way their entire careers, but you probably know what I'm talking about. Putting Ed Reed in that class for protesting practice with pads is just dumb. You're applying the term to make him look bad.

Quote:
I have loved Ed Reed for my team since we drafted him; he hasn't been the same player snce gettng hurt and has been on the decline ever since. Sorry my even tempered resonse has crapped all over your giddy parade. Enjoy!
Well good for you. Saying the guy is a cancer is pretty low though. He's been in that locker room long enough to where I would think he deserves better than assuming he's a cancer due to one incident or saying he was not a leader.