View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #402
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My heart sank the night Cushing went down. I told my buddy that it was a loss that the Texans would be unable to overcome and it would eventually cost them in the playoffs. You just don't replace a dude like that on so many levels. He told me to stay optimistic, but my gut just felt it.

I think our secondary would be pretty baddass with Reed, Manning, Joseph, and Jackson back there. It could really feed our front 7 in so many ways. Help give them that extra little time to get to the QB, or make pressure to force bad throws, which our secondary could feast upon. Hopes, man, hopes.
I thought we'd be OK. I really did.

With how 2011 was so rough with all our injuries...I figured the team would rally again, that it would hurt but not cripple us completely. Wrong!

Looking back, your instincts were dead-on correct.

I would be OK with us drafting something like 3 LBs in this draft, seriously. Wade's defense is predicated upon the LB. Without the right LBs, his defense gets eaten up by even the weaker offenses...even with Watt up-front doing damage all day. The middle MATTERS. Period.

I don't know who the top-ranked LBs are in this draft, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving up some commodities to move into striking range to target one of them, specifically a Cushing 2.0 that we think is out there for us. You want someone who is JUST like him in every way, minus the over-training syndrome.