View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #164
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
These were the same things that were being said about Welker/Amendola prior to the draft. For a 6th rd pick he woukd be worth a shot.
I honestly didn't watch Welker at Tech, but going by NFL Draft Scout, he was a tad under 5'9 but weighed 195lbs.

Zack is about 6'0 but only weighs 172.
Big difference.

Welker carried his weight well in the 2 punt returns from the college day still available on YouTube.

The only thing I know is that when the Dolphins didn't seem to want him anymore, I wanted him because of his physical play. You've got to be able to do that when you're a shorter guy; like Kendall Wright or Stedmon Bailey.

Why do I like Bailey more than Rogers?
Because he plays big and never shied from contact.
He wins against bigger and taller DB; Rogers lost big time.

Is he worth a sixth?
Probably, but not until I bring him in for a work-out so he can show me what I'd like to see.
Right now, on tapes, I don't see it.

It doesn't matter how quick you are if they can jam you easily at the line.

Can you say the same thing with Welker, Wright, Bailey, or Austin?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote