View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #299
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...ght?src=mobile

"It's been such a blessing to play with that dude," Ravens linebacker Dannell Ellerbe says of Reed. "He's just so much of a leader that's behind the scenes, man. He don't need the cameras or anything. He's a guy that you respect, because he really don't care about being in the limelight. He just wants to make sure all his players are doing good. He cares only about this team. That's just a guy you want to play for."

Reed's leadership within the structure of the Ravens has always been harder to appreciate than Lewis', in large part because it lacks the public theatricality of the linebacker's fiery sideline and locker room speeches. Reed doesn't sit for interviews very often. Lewis, Flacco, Ray Rice and Terrell Suggs all field questions from the media on a weekly basis, but the Ravens don't ask Reed to do the same because they know how much he dislikes it. He'll typically talk to reporters at his locker after each game, but not always. When the Ravens lost the AFC Championship Game to New England a year ago, Reed ignored questions from the media with a playful smile and instead chose to walk around the visitors locker room in Gillette Stadium singing "Love TKO" by Teddy Pendergrass.
OMG!

So like, I wasn't just bull****ting then, huh? I mean, I actually stated a position and what do you know...it is true! Wow.

See, handswarmer...just because Ray was the public face of that defense doesn't mean it was entirely led by Ray. Please stop making it sound like Ed Reed was garbage. I mean, really. It is what it is: Guy is older, he isn't getting the 4 or 5-year deals that younger guys are...it happens. He's living year to year, and we need a stop-gap solution for now.

Context. It's a helluva' drug.