View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #260
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
Not sure what your one win out of seven tries has anything to do with my overall point.

Doesn't change the fact of the larger picture of 2/3 of your cap space is about to be placed on the past glory of Reed. Sounds an awful lot like a move for the Redskins of the 90's.

Look, the Texans are my number two team and Reed is one of my all time favorite Ravens. He isn't worth $6 Million at this point in his career or for a team that's on the cusp of greatness.
The Texans have yet to re-structure any deals at all (Antonio Smith, possibly Schaub's and a few others) and $6m is not some cap crippling number here. Arguing about whether a player is worth $4m or $5m or $6m is just bean counting at this point and we haven't seen what a new deal between Reed and the Texans would look like yet. Hell, there's still a decent possibility that he doesn't even sign with the Texans!

The original point I was making though was that even if Flacco has been practicing against Reed for 5 years, this move is not designed to take down the SB winning Ravens team (Which is something the Texans accomplished in their SB winning year). It would be designed to get another crafty veteran player into the mix in the secondary, which is not a bad thing for this Texans team.