View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #78
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I agree with ICak. I don't think Schaub struggles with the deep pass. I think he's quite good... However, I recognize he was awful throwing downfield in December and January. I don't think Icak would disagree with that assertion.
I don't disagree with that assertion at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'd care a lot more about this "exercise in objectivity" if, for once, the findings contradicted the OP's long held stance on the issue.
What long held stance? I posted this thread with very little commentary. I explained the origin which was looking at Big Ben not Matt Schaub.

Everybody is so caught up in trying to make this a general referendum on Schaub which I have denied from the beginning.

Some of the things which struck me as interesting:

1) I was surprised to see the two guys with the biggest arms have such low completion percentages.
2) I was surprised to see the Texans were in line on trying to go down field with quite a few other teams.
3) I was surprised to see Manning and Brady had zero completions of over 40 yards thrown.
4) Frankly Flacco's regular season numbers made the Ravens post-season run more spectacular because they kept trying unsuccessfully during the season and then it paid off in the post-season.
5) I was surprised by the uniformity of TD's and the relative lack of INT's with Brees being the exception on both.