View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #236
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm beginning to think you have problems comprehending basic written English. When I say "Glover Quin will never be half the player that Ed Reed was in his prime", what about that leads you to think I have "Quin colored glasses" (whatever the hell that is)? When I say "Ed Reed is one of my all-time favorite players, and probably one of the top two safeties to play this game in my lifetime (Ronnie Lott the other)" in post #148 of this thread, what about that makes you think I am anti-Reed?
just skimmed over the drivel....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Quin was a better player than Ed Reed was this year. That's just plain and simple fact. That says a lot more about Reed's decline and age than it does about Quin, but it is what it is. I also said Quin was not worth the $5M that the Lions gave him. So basic logic here, if Quin is not worth $5M and was a better player than Reed, and Reed has lost a few steps and is getting older, why on Earth would I think Reed is worth $6M? I'm all for Ed Reed coming to play on this team - as a replacement for Shiloh Keo or Troy Nolan, not as a replacement for Quin. For the third time in this thread, use him sparingly and keep him fresh for the playoffs, and I think Ed Reed makes a good addition to the team.
But your logic is absolutely flawed and here is why, Quinn was better for 1 year, according to some stupid ranking system, Reed better for what, last 11? Reed had 1 less INT last year than Quinn has had in 2 yrs as a Safety, if you want to look at loser stats. If you want to pay for a player that was better for 1 year, than you are not business smart, or about as smart as Al Davis was paying for Larry Brown for his 1 year and SB MVP year. I go by the eye test, and I know I got 20/20 vision, and my eyes tell me Reed is far better now than Quinn, any day of the week, twice on Sunday even at 34-35 years of age.

Ed Reed has a resume, a very good HOF resume. What the F has Glover Quinn ever done? I can easily justify paying Ed Reed 6 mill a year for the next 2-3 years for the simple fact of who he is and what he has done in this league not to mention what he can do as leadership for this defense that seemed to pee pee its pants at the site of elite QB's, that including Glover Quinn. He is an updgrade, even at 34-35, to Glover Quinn in more ways than many.

Not a freaking replacement for Keo...That is just asinine...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote