View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #225
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'll put one more post in this mess of a thread with people slap-fighting about Rick Smith (Which seems to be spilling over into a lot of threads)

Yes, Ed Reed's tackling leaves a lot to be desired, and yes, he doesn't quite have the range to make plays on the ball like he used to. However, he is still a pretty good safety in this league and I believe a secondary of JoJo, KJax (God I can't beleive how much he's improved in a year or two) and Ed Reed is not something that other NFL teams are going to take lightly. Losing Quin does sting, but I think if you can get Reed on a reasonable deal (And I mean that by him making about $4 - $5m tops as the cap hit) then you might as well go for it.
This is the root of my problem with the potential signing. He's not worth $6M. He's really not worth what you said, except on a 1-2 year deal, which would be fine.