View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #220
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
wow somebody please help this dude take his Glover Quinn colored glasses off...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
6 mill a year for what 2-3 years, for a HOF FS is freaking a steal for everything he brings to the table...

Reed could easily get between 8-9 mil a year just by his name alone from another team...

are you really this Anit-Reed?
I'm beginning to think you have problems comprehending basic written English. When I say "Glover Quin will never be half the player that Ed Reed was in his prime", what about that leads you to think I have "Quin colored glasses" (whatever the hell that is)? When I say "Ed Reed is one of my all-time favorite players, and probably one of the top two safeties to play this game in my lifetime (Ronnie Lott the other)" in post #148 of this thread, what about that makes you think I am anti-Reed?

Quin was a better player than Ed Reed was this year. That's just plain and simple fact. That says a lot more about Reed's decline and age than it does about Quin, but it is what it is. I also said Quin was not worth the $5M that the Lions gave him. So basic logic here, if Quin is not worth $5M and was a better player than Reed, and Reed has lost a few steps and is getting older, why on Earth would I think Reed is worth $6M? I'm all for Ed Reed coming to play on this team - as a replacement for Shiloh Keo or Troy Nolan, not as a replacement for Quin. For the third time in this thread, use him sparingly and keep him fresh for the playoffs, and I think Ed Reed makes a good addition to the team.