View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Myth of the Long Ball & Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Another example of someone finding the stats that supports the original opinion. When has someone on here EVER said "Player X is pretty good!" and then found numbers and came back on here and said "Whoops, my bad. Player X sucks really bad!"

Heh. It doesn't happen.
We're looking at Matt's stats & saying, "See he wasn't that bad."

In another thread, we're looking at Quin's stats & saying, "See he wasn't that good."

But we all acknowledge the stats don't tell the whole story. In this particular instance, the stats were not presented to say, "Look, Schaub is a damn good QB."

They were presented to say, "Look, the gunslingers aren't as gunslingerish as you think." They're all just as conservative as Schaub & his completion percentage on those long balls is just as good.

But around here, you throw the word Stat & Matt Schaub out there & some people don't take the time to understand what context the stats are being presented.

I don't believe you can find anyone on this board to argue Matt played well in December. I may be the only one who would argue he played better in January, but some might misconstrue that & think I said he played well, so I'm not going there.