View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #208
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

I'll put one more post in this mess of a thread with people slap-fighting about Rick Smith (Which seems to be spilling over into a lot of threads)

Yes, Ed Reed's tackling leaves a lot to be desired, and yes, he doesn't quite have the range to make plays on the ball like he used to. However, he is still a pretty good safety in this league and I believe a secondary of JoJo, KJax (God I can't beleive how much he's improved in a year or two) and Ed Reed is not something that other NFL teams are going to take lightly. Losing Quin does sting, but I think if you can get Reed on a reasonable deal (And I mean that by him making about $4 - $5m tops as the cap hit) then you might as well go for it.

If Reed is using the Texans to get some leverage over the Ravens then so be it, it's not a huge crushing loss, and there are still plenty plenty of FA safeties left on the market.