View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #184
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
See, now you're just shifting arguments in some desperate attempt to score points. No one ever said Glover Quin was a playmaker. I don't even think he's worth the $5M he got from the Lions. But based on last year and his advancing age, for every play that Ed Reed makes these days, he screws up several more. It happens to the greatest of players. I still would like Ed Reed on the team, but at an appropriate salary and used sparingly in spot work and the playoffs.

Glover Quin is a better player than Ed Reed at the present stages in their careers. Quin will never be half as good as Ed Reed was in his prime.
wow somebody please help this dude take his Glover Quinn colored glasses off...

Quinn better than Reed, where do I start laughing? You want to go by stats, find go by stats but somebody once said stats are for losers. What Ed Reed brings to the table is by far more than anything, including youth, that Glover Quinn brings. You say for every play Reed makes he screw up several more, did you not watch Glover Quinn this year? I tell you for certain, I watched Quinn chasing more WR that blew past him that keeping up with them.

I will agree the Texans haven't figured out yet who will replace Quinn, oh yes they did, how about a HOF Super Bowl Champion FS that can teach a younger, drafted FS the ins and outs of how to play the position Reed made great...

Reed at 34-35 is still a far better value to THIS Texans defense than Quinn is in his prime....

but, I would not be surprised to see Reed become a Colt and play for his old DC before it is all said and done...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote