View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #161
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I didn't read back through the previous 3 pages so I'm not sure if this guys name has been brought up or not, what would you guys think of Rodney Smith-WR from Florida St.? He's got the measurables that teams drool over 6'04", 225 lbs., 34 3/4" arms, 10 3/8" hands, and runs a 4.51 in the 40. He's currently listed by CBS as a 6th round prospect and with his measurables I'm thinking he might be worth a late round project pick. He'd be a low risk and possibly high reward player. Opinions?
I mentioned him before, and then I became even more impressed at the combine.

Look at his 20SS and 3-cone time.
He does have the tools necessary to create seperation.
It's just a matter of having more reps.
Once he learns how to get in and out of break, he'll be a force.
Right now he's inconsistent in several aspects of the game, including playing up to his physique.

Huge upside; definitely worth a late round pick.
I think he might even go higher than the sixth, maybe even the fourth.

He can do pretty much everything, just lack the consistency.

If he works real hard at it, his ceiling is very high, IMO.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote