View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #159
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Ed Reed is one of my all-time favorite players, and probably one of the top two safeties to play this game in my lifetime (Ronnie Lott the other). But the guy is done. The guy is Ahman Green all over again. Still, I'd rather have Ed Reed than Shiloh Keo or Troy Nolan for depth and spot play. Use him sparingly and keep him healthy for the playoffs. The only way that works is if he's paid accordingly, and as I said in another thread, I actually do NOT trust the front office.
This is where I'm at, as well.

I've got mixed feelings. I saw the ticker on NFLN last night and I was instantly stoked. It's Ed freakin' Reed for crying out loud!

But, then the other side hit me. We are probably being used as leverage. And if he does sign, will Wade vary his offense to meet the talent? Or will he make the talent fit the system, which might not be the players' strengths? Like Vinny mentioned, this is a man coverage defense, and Reed has been in a cover 2.

I like his veteran presence and leadership that he'd bring, but with age and probably injury, plus diminishing skills, I'm seeing this as a temporary patch as much as anything else.

That said, I won't be unhappy if we sign him.