View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #145
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I think he's being facetious. At least I hope he is.

Your criticisms of Reed remind me of when Mario Williams left for Buffalo, and Texans fans and opinion writers offered Buffalo fans some "buyer beware" warnings. Buffalo fans interpreted it as sour grapes. Houston analyst Lance Zierlein had a point-by-point article about Mario that reminds me a lot of your post. As fans of the team inheriting a player that you have followed closely for many years, I think it's best that we weigh those criticisms heavily when we set our expectations.
Yes I was.

I absolutley love Ed Reed- but he is past his prime. I like Ray LEwis but got sick of hearing how great he was, etc., when I am watching TE's run away from him across the middle, OL destroy him 4-6yds into the second level, and him celebrating a tackle after a 7-8 yd gain.

Ed did the same when he didn't guess wrong- for a long time he was our offense 03-05, blocking kicks for TDs, strip sackss for TDs, INT returns fo TDs, punt returns for TDs, etc....

But he is a freelance artist who cannot wrap up anymore. How many time this year I saw him backpedaling, running backwards, trying to throw a guy down by his shoulder pads or hold him up til a LB caught up and tackled the guy.

Mario Williams came to mind also.

Good Luck
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote