View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #127
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I suppose Rick and Wade and Gary are thinking they'll trade the youth/athleticism of Quin for the smarts of the veteran Ed Reed?

Quinn's safety play might not have been as stellar as we thought it was. If we let him walk and sign Ed Reed to a comparable contract as what the Lions signed with Quin, then I do believe the Texans were looking to trade some athleticism for a little smarter Safety play via Ed Reed.

Remember, too: McNair thinks highly of the Ravens. Grabbing their Pro Bowl, Super Bowl winning safety--regardless of his age or health--will sit well with McNair if the deal can get done.

I think we planned to let Casey, Quin, and Barwin go for the purpose of using all that money for a veteran player like Ed Reed. Barwin won't be missed. Casey will be replaced by the next HB/TE hybrid Kubiak can hopefully pinpoint and draft this year.

So, grabbing a competent and experienced Safety was doable for the coaches and front office. Two savvy Safeties and two savvy CBs, hopefully a healthy Cushing, paired with Watt & Co. might do the trick. Then focus on offense in the draft. ???