View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #123
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

I'll preface my remarks by saying I am an Ed Reed fan but that I have been disappointed with his play over the last 4-5 years. I say that because everything hasn't always been 'peaches n cream' here in Baltimore. I am not a 'disgruntled Baltimore fan'- I am pretty objective when it comes to my own team.

#1- Ed Reed hasn't been able to 'wrap up' or 'tackle' anyone since his neck impingement. Too many times over the last few years we have watched Ed go in for the big hit only to see the WR bounce off Ed and walk into the endzone.

#2-Too many times over the last few seasons, we have watched Ed "gamble" instead of staying within the scheme or defense called, that leaves a DB on an island/one on one, that results in a big play.

#3- Ed has been about himself over the last few years; will he retire, will he not? It has played out over the last few seasons and I for one, am tired of it.

#4- Ed has never been tight with John Harbaugh, the former DB coach turned HC, and when the Mike Silver article came out, both he and Pollard were id'ed as the ringleaders. Harbaugh doesn't like that; he carries a grudge, he doesn't like to be challenged.

Thats why Ed is on the plane to Houston right now.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote