View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #122
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I think that Smith is a good GM but if you put it out there that the guy is a priority you should offer him some sort of contract, anything. Either do that or give a Belichick type answer, guy cracks me up. If I were a player I would personally take his word with a grain of salt. All these guys talk to each other and look at these FA situations closely. I bet that they are very surprised that an offer was not made and trust their boss less today than they did a couple of days ago.
You are taking the player's (more specifically his agent's) side of the story too much. if the agent told Smith that Quin wanted to go to market either way or the talks indicated that there was a pretty good gap bewteen what Quin was demanding why would Smith make a formal offer that Quin and his agent would spin as insulting well below market value and not sign?

BTW, I am for a player like Quin getting every nickle he can from the market. He did not get the silly signing bonus, and this is probably his only chance to get anywhere "never having to work post football" money.