View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #118
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
It's tough if you are asked a direct question about the players, though. Of course you want to say they are a priority. It also helps the player if they are negotiating with another team. Do you think Quin told Detroit that the Texans didn't even make an offer? That could lower his value to them.

Did it look like we ever had an official offer on the table? From what we've seen I'd say no. All they say is that they discussed money at the combine. Well, if his agent says he wants $5 million a year and that's more than the Texans want to pay I'm sure they just said call us back after you've looked around. We did the same with Myers. He found he wasn't going to get what he wanted and came back.

I think sometimes there is so much hatred towards Smith that he could draft the next Andrew Luck, sign another Andre (but 8 years younger) as a street free agent for 5 years $10 million and people will find flaws with how he did it.
I think that Smith is a good GM but if you put it out there that the guy is a priority you should offer him some sort of contract, anything. Either do that or give a Belichick type answer, guy cracks me up. If I were a player I would personally take his word with a grain of salt. All these guys talk to each other and look at these FA situations closely. I bet that they are very surprised that an offer was not made and trust their boss less today than they did a couple of days ago.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote