View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #117
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Yeah, I can see how that's pretty messed up in hindsight but I guess its better than them saying we think we can do better and wish them well. Probably best to say nothing, but that's kind of a no win situation there.
It's tough if you are asked a direct question about the players, though. Of course you want to say they are a priority. It also helps the player if they are negotiating with another team. Do you think Quin told Detroit that the Texans didn't even make an offer? That could lower his value to them.

Did it look like we ever had an official offer on the table? From what we've seen I'd say no. All they say is that they discussed money at the combine. Well, if his agent says he wants $5 million a year and that's more than the Texans want to pay I'm sure they just said call us back after you've looked around. We did the same with Myers. He found he wasn't going to get what he wanted and came back.

I think sometimes there is so much hatred towards Smith that he could draft the next Andrew Luck, sign another Andre (but 8 years younger) as a street free agent for 5 years $10 million and people will find flaws with how he did it.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote