View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #116
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
If we could do that without destroying the cap, I have no doubt we'd be a better team.

Look, we had too much youth last year. Consider that we have another 11 draft picks this year, I'm not concerned with getting too old. Of course, I don't really want 6 guys on defense that are all around 35, but I'll certainly take a couple of qualtiy veterans. Given that Antonio Smith is likely gone after this year, I would forecast our that our 11 defensive starters in 2014 would all be under 28 years old, with the possible exception of Dannieal Manning:

Watt
Mitchell
Crick/Jamison/2013 draft pick?
Mercilus
Cushing
B.Reed
Braman?/2013 draft pick?
Joseph
KJackson
Pleasant (2013 draft pick)
Keo (2013 draft pick) --I'm not seeing age as a problem.
I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it would work. We have our core why not surround them with great veteran leadership? On top of that it would allow us to draft BPA by eliminating glaring needs.