View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #90
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trust the Texans' Front Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
excellent post but still your dipping into the nothing wrong with that & I hope you are right but losing top draft picks on their second contracts is disturbing & somewhat self destructive.

Texans have an average QB & should be paid as such, this basically caps your core players moving forward since its the highest paid position. Your a good guy for numbers, can you tell me how much Texans have spent on QB position relative to cap numbers since inception? My guess its just under 20% of the teams cap room & performance to date does not support that as a good investment. I would much rather see that money spent on keeping Cushing & Watt.
Matt's cap hit this year is just under $11 million, so less than 10% of the cap.

2014 it is about $14 million, so between 11 and 12% of the cap...

After 2014, the Texans can cut Schaub loose for a $7 million cap hit. So, if the Texans find their next guy, you won't have to see Schaub after that, unless he willingly renogitiates his contract.