View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #88
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trust the Texans' Front Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Nobody is suggestint the Texans have reached the ultimate goal. This discussion is about the effectiveness of the current decison-makers in the Texans' organization. Nobody is nominating them for the Hall-of-Fame. We are saying they are making consistently effective decisions and that they have put the team in position for multiple shots at the "ultimate goal".

Frame it however you would like. The Texans' organization is currently behaving like one of the better organizations in the NFL. Out of 32 teams, you would be hard-pressed to study each of them indepth and find more than a three or four who are operating better than the Texans in terms of any set of the following criteria:

1. wins
2. drafting
3. value based on contract dollars to on-field production
4. age of starters/heavy contributors
5. dead money in the cap this year and/or next year
6. bad contracts eating cap dollars and difficult to cut loose from.
7. # of picks in 2013 or likely in 2014
8. opinion of NFL insiders
9. stability

*** however you look at it, things are very good. We are speaking about the present and the future. I am not arguing that they failed to win a Superbowl in 2009 or 2010 or 2011... I know that. But, that's the past. My concern, now is only: are they making decisions that increase the probability of a Superbowl in the next few years?.. I think, "yes... definitely".
excellent post but still your dipping into the nothing wrong with that & I hope you are right but losing top draft picks on their second contracts is disturbing & somewhat self destructive.

Texans have an average QB & should be paid as such, this basically caps your core players moving forward since its the highest paid position. Your a good guy for numbers, can you tell me how much Texans have spent on QB position relative to cap numbers since inception? My guess its just under 20% of the teams cap room & performance to date does not support that as a good investment. I would much rather see that money spent on keeping Cushing & Watt.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote