View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #45
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi a Texan????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Convince them this team is going to get them a ring. They've made their money, they will be paid a good portion by their previous team and give the discount. If I wanted to assemble an all pro roster, believe me i would start with better S's than the these two. My thinking was that Manning had a bad year. Will he regain form? Aso and Reed give you size and high IQ back there. You can find a hard hitter to plug into the nickle role if physicality in making a tackle is your cup of tea. Im looking at the possibility of looking at 2 guys on the market who have a great deal of talent IMO, and pairing them up to ball hawk, what i feel we need the most. Im not really trying to insinuate it could happen, but that the combo could be effective.

I bet Kareem would make an awesome FS, he's shut some people up and if the upward trend continues dude could be a stud.

With Ed Reed you get more than just football ability, which is still high. Leadership,experience,mentality. Intangibles. You have to make that move man, the timing is right. This team lacks leaders.
Reed and Manning work as a safety combo if we fix the linebacker depth/talent and also put some explosiveness back in the offense. Here's why:

If our front 7 can consistently pressure the QB, then ballhawks in the secondary, even aged ones, will have opportunities for a lot of big plays. If our offense can score and keep teams from pounding the running game, then our cover safeties won't be exposed in the box.

In theory, I love the idea of manning and reed at safety, assuming other needs are addressed. However, I'd also be sure to add some depth behind them, given their age and recent injury history of Ed Reed... In other words, safety still needs to be addressed among the first 4 picks of the draft or with an additional free agent move... I do not want Keo on the roster!!!