View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013   #132
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
You mentioned it, not me. I'm just pointing out that, as you stated, the Seahawks made it there A LOT quicker & are building a solid foundation as we continue to lose some of ours by not being able to re-sign our young players & not necessarily filling in those positions w/ equal or better talent. That is at best an "ok" job by Smith..."at best" are the key words & I'm not necessarily sure if I can agree w/ that depending on this young offseason. Teams have accomplished what Smith & Kubiak have tried to accomplish in less time & they still haven't necessarily created a proven winner for years to come as they have obviously struggled outside of the Wild Card round. Losing young talent is not necessarily the formula for sustained success, but how can it be avoided when Smith is trying to clean up the mess he created w/ the salary cap. We will see what Smith can do shortly, but Ive got some concerns based on his spotty past.
Look, I said that Rick Smith hasn't been all world, but watch what happens to that Seahawk team the next few years. They're gonna lose some of their good guys just like everyone else. But I'm going to let you guys continue to debate this. I stand in the "he's ok crowd".
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote