View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #43
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi a Texan????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

And how do you propose they could pull that off with salary cap #'s???

Why don't we just sign every pro-bowl player out ther and yet, cut pro-bowl players with significant salary cap numbers? Hell, let's sign Reggie White to beef up the D-line. We could always talk Deoin and Ronnie Lott to come back...

If you were smart, bring in a corner and convert Kareem Jackson to a safety with Manning because Ed Reed (other than a short term answer) isn't really the answer....

In any event, this is a strong class for DB's. I suggest the Texans use a pick or two on DB's (preferably later rounds).
Convince them this team is going to get them a ring. They've made their money, they will be paid a good portion by their previous team and give the discount. If I wanted to assemble an all pro roster, believe me i would start with better S's than the these two. My thinking was that Manning had a bad year. Will he regain form? Aso and Reed give you size and high IQ back there. You can find a hard hitter to plug into the nickle role if physicality in making a tackle is your cup of tea. Im looking at the possibility of looking at 2 guys on the market who have a great deal of talent IMO, and pairing them up to ball hawk, what i feel we need the most. Im not really trying to insinuate it could happen, but that the combo could be effective.

I bet Kareem would make an awesome FS, he's shut some people up and if the upward trend continues dude could be a stud.

With Ed Reed you get more than just football ability, which is still high. Leadership,experience,mentality. Intangibles. You have to make that move man, the timing is right. This team lacks leaders.