View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #124
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't know Tex, I think every year with Rick Smith has been at least solid.
The proof is in the players that other teams want when they left the Texans.
Soli would be correct,

Meanwhile the Hawks took risks.

Signing Lynch, who Texan fans wantednothing to do with.

Drafting Wilson in the 3rd even though they had just signed Flynn in FA, Sherman in the 5th,Browner as a CFL FA, Sweazy as a DT and moving him to OG, then starting him as a rookie, drafting Irvin at 13 when most had him as a 2-3 rd pick, picking up Baldwin as a UNDFA.

Trading for Clemons/Zach Miller/Giacomini/Harvin

Signing Avril/Rice in FA

Tell me what Rick/Gary have done/taken risks?

If they can sign Woodson or Reed and add a vet WR that can play they've had a good offseason. But dont compare them to the Seahawks even if they miss on a couple of guys. Atleast they're doing everthing they can to try to win a SB.

BTW, RB Robert Turbin is a stud that few have heard of, but yeah they missed on Curry. Rick has missed on many more. The word smarter and Rick Smith should never be mentioned in the same sentence. (Right She Texan, Gma)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote