View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #121
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't know Tex, I think every year with Rick Smith has been at least solid.
The proof is in the players that other teams want when they left the Texans.
I said before that in hind sight I can look back at a few of his drafts and say that he's made several solid picks, but mainly in the first round. The only thing is that how much of that do I credit to Kubiak or Wade as well?

But as far as free agency or trades go, there is hardly an argument to be made that he's done much of a thing. He had that one off season which I'll credit him for with Manning and Joseph, but that's it. He got Antonio Smith who has been pretty good, but that off season wasn't some great one that year based on that alone.

PRetty much the high majority of any success that Rick can hang his hat on is the draft, which mainly has to do with his philosophy of building only through the draft which is my point from the start. His philosophy in general is what I have a big problem with.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote