View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #119
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Cap hell? Exaggeration much? The Texans have cap issues, but not being able to re-sign the guys that have moved on to other teams hardly constitutes cap hell. Ignore free agency? So you're just going to discount Rick Smith's role in signing Jonathon Joseph and Danieal Manning? Seems like the Texans were active then. You're blowing things way out of proportion.

And you're comparing apples and oranges between NBA GMs and NFL GMs. Trades are rare in the NFL. They happen, but there are very few instances when star players are moved. It's usually role players and/or draft picks.
I didn't discount anything. Do you not realize that all you can bring up is one off season where Rick was highly competitive in improving this team? That is a horrible ratio for a guy that is in like his 7th off season. And that also happened to be the year we brought in Wade Phillips who needed to transform an entire defense. You have one active off season to credit the guy on. Sorry, but I don't see how you could be happy with those types of results. If I am highly impressed with what Morey has been able to do under his circumstances, that ought to tell you that I don't expect every move to be a great deal that worked or expect a SB to like the GM. Morey is constantly aggressive in his persuit to better the Houston Rockets though. Rick Smith has never been that guy other then one off season by your own admission, so I don't see why you wouldn't want to see more consistency in that approach.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote