View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #80
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trust the Texans' Front Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
If I recall correctly, Asomugha was reported to have turned down more money from other teams to play for a team that he desired to play for which was the Eagles. One of those teams was rumored to be a 6-10 Texans team. Hard to blame him for that decision, but I think the Texans moved on from Asomugha because of his doing & not because Smith made a genius move in deciding between the 2. Joseph was the next best one & that wasnt exactly a tough decision. I'm glad Asomugha chose elsewhere & Joseph is a Texan, but it was an obvious move as opposed to great foresight IMO.

I agree Briesel was overpaid, but who was "damaged goods"? Winston played well last season according to most & the stats. That doesn't necessarily say "damaged goods" to me.
Asomugha had no aversion to the Texans at the time, and he was in serious talks with Smith.

Quote:
We mentioned last night that the Texans were working hard to sign either Nnamdi Asomugha or Johnathan Joseph last night.

According to NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi, Houston is now in the “lead” for Asomugha’s services. He believes the deal would average between $12-14 million per season.
Link.

After talking with the Texans, Nnamdi sought another bid, and Smith cashed his chips rather than waiting to counter.

Briesel played below expectations in 2012 due mostly to injury. After the season, he had "major" ankle surgery. The Raiders re-signed him, but he took a pay cut and won't be ready for camp. Winston played fine as a Chief, though.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote