View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #111
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith looks smarter every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Hard to argue w/ that. Smith's best work was when his job was on the line & he was forced to acquire some real talent in FA, Manning & Joesph, to save it as opposed to the poor talent he was accustomed to aquiring such Jacque Reeves. He then followed it up w/ a good defensive draft that he & Kubiak gave Wade credit for w/ his preparation & assistance in selecting players. Smith has not been impressive to me either & this offseason hasnt helped his case thus far. It's still early, but I've got my doubts.
Overall I'd say he's been ok as a GM. We've never been super aggressive in free agency, but he's had some good drafts. He's had some duds mixed in with some diamonds in the draft and free agency. Just in the past couple of years you've seen how eager teams have been to acquire talent off of our team so he's done a decent job of evaluating if you just base it purely on that.

There's probably a happy medium in between the Smith haters and lovers on how good a job he has done, but you can just look around the league every year. No team's fanbase is going to be completely happy with the moves they make.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote