View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013   #77
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trust the Texans' Front Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Asomugha was still available (and affordable) when Smith decided on Joseph. He deserves credit for the timing of the decision.

And Tampa would've paid Joseph more, but I don't see how that's relevant anyway.

And the portion of the offensive line he released is either damaged goods now or was overpaid.

And your tone sucks. It makes the discussion unenjoyable.
If I recall correctly, Asomugha was reported to have turned down more money from other teams to play for a team that he desired to play for which was the Eagles. One of those teams was rumored to be a 6-10 Texans team. Hard to blame him for that decision, but I think the Texans moved on from Asomugha because of his doing & not because Smith made a genius move in deciding between the 2. Joseph was the next best one & that wasnt exactly a tough decision. I'm glad Asomugha chose elsewhere & Joseph is a Texan, but it was an obvious move as opposed to great foresight IMO.

I agree Briesel was overpaid, but who was "damaged goods"? Winston played well last season according to most & the stats. That doesn't necessarily say "damaged goods" to me.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote